A Needle Puller's Tale

This blog has been created to talk about stitching, cooking, music or anything that comes up in my life. A middle aged womans hobbies and passions.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I finally finished something!

This weekend I made some progress on my stitching. As you all know I was off for a while. I just didn't feel it. Well, I finished not one but two pieces. Fortunate Traveller has been back stitched and beaded! AND Tulip Time has been backstitched! WOO HOO! Major happy dances for me!

I have decided I spend way too much time on the boards. I am neglecting my stitching and other things too. I am going to limit my online time. And it could be I am just burning out on the nonsense and bickering. At any rate, I am definitely staying away more often.

I still have Goldenwood, Pretty in Pink and Rocky Mountain Christmas on the go. PLUS I started a small Halloween project. It is about 50% complete. I am trying a small (well, smaller than my standard) to see if it works for me, as so many others. They say finishing smalls inbetween the large finishes, helps keeping one focused. We will see.

This week I am going to put tiles behind my bathroom sink. I had to take off a back splash that was warping terribly. I also have to make a pot of Chicken Soup for a potluck at work on Friday. I want to spend a little more time with my kids too. Even the older one seems to want more if my time. I felt really good when he told me that. And I want to start taking the dog for a walk after work. I need the exercise and so does he. I want to take my mother too.

I have made a new resolution. I know it is not the New Year but I want to start positive things in my life. So each day, I am going to try and say something positive about my life, the world or someone else. I am going to try and stop thinking about the negative.

Todays Positive Thought: I have made a few good friends on the internet. I am thankful for each of them.

1 Comments:

Blogger old lady said...

Congrats on your finishes and on your "new start". Sounds like a plan good for all!

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home