A Needle Puller's Tale

This blog has been created to talk about stitching, cooking, music or anything that comes up in my life. A middle aged womans hobbies and passions.

Friday, September 15, 2006

I am the Proverbial Stitcher!

I am sitting here with more stash that I could hope to complete in a lifetime, many WIP's, planning my next projects and looking for more! This is how bad it has become. I searched websites for Fantasy Art. And OMG there are so many talented....TALENTED....artists are there out there! I found Ursula Vernon...(GULP)...... Laura Law....(sigh) and Mark Ivan Cole...(WOW) and thought....wouldn't these look terrific charted and stitched!

I have submitted these names to Heaven and Earth Designs. Hopefully, Michele and Bob can get these people lined up too! I am such a masochist!Now onto my progresses.....I am working on Lorri Birmingham's Pretty in Pink. I am nearly 50% complete on the Kloster blocks. I have no desire to switch yet either. Fortunate Traveller stays at a standstill....just some back stitching and beading to go. And then Tulip Time has not been picked up nor Goldenwood or Rocky Mountain Christmas either. When I tire of this project I will move on. This is now my new "screaming" rotation....whatever screams the loudest.

Hopefully, I will have at least gotten to the definitive 50% complete mark on the Table Topper, Pretty in Pink. I am also thinking of doing it monochromatic instead of stitching the vines and butterflies in color. I am just toying with the idea but feel confident it will look lovely.I have also seen some "regular" embroidery done completely in white and then some blue flowers. That appeals to me too. I saw then on one of the bulletin boards I frequent. They are simply stunning. I also want to fool around with Brazillian Embroidery too! This is not to mention Needlepoint also! WHEN will I get to all of this? I want to try it all. I want to become proficient at it all. Does anyone know where I can get a robot, that way she can come to work and I can sit and stitch all day?

I think I will give another stab at sketching too. I used to love doing that. I also have a great idea for a vampire novel. Oh man! What am I thinking? Is this a normal thought process for a middle aged woman?Well, I guess that is all for today.

Remember to treat each other with kindness and understanding. There seems to be a real lack of these things these days.Peaceful StitchingDenise
posted

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home