A Needle Puller's Tale

This blog has been created to talk about stitching, cooking, music or anything that comes up in my life. A middle aged womans hobbies and passions.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Second Voyage.....

I must first apologize for all of the typing errors in the last post. I promise to spell check and grammar check from now on. (Right....sure) And I must add the Rosewood Manor chart on my list of favorites was supposed to be "And a Forest Grew". I love it.

Eventhough I am not a huge Prairie Schooler fan, the new Autumn and Winter samplers are fantastic. And the new Mirabilia, "Autumn in My Garden", lovely. I just may have to buy that one. And did I mention I love Dutch Beauty by Permin and Renaissance by Anagram Diffusion? Well I do! And those too are on my "have to have" list.

I was daydreaming on my lunch today. I was picturing me stitching, in my favorite place. It was a semi stressful morning and I needed a little escape. Do you want to know where I was? I was sitting in my backyard...under the shade of my huge Silver Maple. The sky was blue with fluffy white clouds skattered here and there. Wonderful jazz was playing in the background...maybe opera but something soothing. My dog was curled up on one of the chairs. Of course I was beginning a brand new HUGE stitching project....Dutch Beauty by Permin. My stitching things lay strategically placed around me. Now let us not forget I was hungry at the time, so I envisioned some fresh lemonade, a cob salad, tiny finger sandwiches, ice cold watermelon and delicious cranberry/orange muffins and cannoli. My dear stitching friends surrounded the table. That would be some feat, as they are strewn all over the world, however they were there. We were eating, stitching, laughing, stitching, laughing, drinking, stitching, laughing....see a pattern here? Then lunch was over and I was back to reality.

Yukon Viv mentioned, in the comments, that we are creating history too. It is soooooo true. I was really glad someone else thinks that way too. I truly feel that way. I also stated I feel connected to my stitching sisters and our ancestors. Sometimes I actually think "Hundreds of years ago, someone was sitting and stitching much this same way....maybe in a castle....maybe a log cabin....maybe above a tiny shop in Paris or London" I guess I am a little unique....strange....NUTS! However, I honestly feel the connection.

I purchased a raised embroidery book. I was thinking about trying my hand at Brazilian Embroidery. anyone ever tried it? It is stunning! It is done exclusively with Rayon Floss. There are several different thicknesses and textures to use. It truly is 3D and has a tremendous about of visual and textural interest.I am going to rent Reign of Fire, Merlin and something else tonight. I am going to have an all day stitch with my mom tomorrow. Won't that be fun. She will either embroider or quilt, while I cross stitch. We like these kinds of movies. Well I guess that is it for today. You all take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home