A Needle Puller's Tale

This blog has been created to talk about stitching, cooking, music or anything that comes up in my life. A middle aged womans hobbies and passions.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

An Icon and legend, Steve Erwin, as passed on.

The world famous Crocodile Hunter, Steve Erwin has passed away. It was killed by a stingray....very freak accident. He was a staunch conversationist, wildlife lover and teacher. My entire family and circle of friends are all deeply saddened. It is with teary eyes that I bid him farewell. He will never be forgotten. He will never be duplicated. His children have quite a legacy and will grow up very proud in the fact, he was their father.

Now on to a lighter topic. I DID finish my Table Topper. Eventhough, I was not enthralled with the subject matter I was stitching, it turned out well. My mother was overjoyed with it. Before she puts it out on her table, she is going to get some plastic for over it. We are not the type of people who save everything or cover our furniture in plastic....we LIVE in our homes...however she does not want anything to happen to it. That was really quite flattering.

I then started the backstitching on Fortunate Traveller. I had finished the entire center picture before. I am now working on "Stretch" on the bottom. Then it is just the border and outlining the entire thing. I hope to be finished by the end of THIS weekend. Here's hoping.

WIP list now is:

1.) Fortunate Traveller - just backstitching remaining.
2.) Tulip Time- just backstitching remaining.
3.) Pretty in Pink- approximately 15% complete.
4.) Goldenwood- approximately 30% complete.
5.) Rocky Mountian Christmas- approximately 20% complete.


It is getting smaller. Once Fortunate Traveller is done, I will go back to Pretty in Pink, then Goldenwood. I definitely will not feel like more backstitching for a while. And I am just not feeling Rocky Mountain Christmas right now. However, no more new starts for a while. I must finish some of these. I guess I am a On At A Time girl at heart.

Here's hoping everyone has a wonderful day.

Peaceful Stitching
Denise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home